Saturday 9 July 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful, One Two Three

Amidst all the doom and gloom we see on the news every day and have around us, wouldn't it be nice to think of a few reasons that should make us feel cheerful? A few of the reasons Ian Dury gave us were these:

Summer
Buddy Holly
Health service glasses
A little drop of claret
Cheddar cheese and pickle
Phoning up a buddy
Being in my nuddy

I'd agree with a few of those, and have to agree a cheddar cheese and pickle sandwich would go nicely with a nice glass of claret.

Maybe a few reasons of my own would include, a lovely long lie-in in bed when the girls don't have to be up at the crack of dawn, at least that's what it feels like to me.

Another reason to be cheerful would be being served up a little bit of pasta made by that totally talented chef - my very own father who can make even the most humble of ingredients taste Cordon Bleu.

Something else which would make me cheerful would be getting a couple of lines of clothes washing dry in one go. Not what happened today, out it went all pegged up blowing cheerfully in the breeze, down came the rain and in it came again. Ah, but then out popped the sun so washing pegged neatly on line again. No! Rain decides to fall again so rush out to bring it in whilst getting soaked myself. Now the sun is peeping it's head around a cloud, does it go back on the line or shall I just give in and leave it on the clothes horse. Sigh, dry washing in one go - that makes me cheerful.

So? Those are my one two three reasons to be cheerful, what would yours be? Tell me you like to be in the nuddy like Ian too!!


No comments: