Friday 6 April 2012

Fabulous



Trying to think up something beginning with an F for today's A - Z Challenge all I could think of was the word Fabulous. Not knowing what to actually be able to write about this word - aside from the TV programme 'Absolutely Fabulous', which according to their biggest fan, my Daughter#2, is having a film made of it - I mused on it for a while and realised that there are several similar words also beginning with F. Fabulous, Fantastic, Faultless, First Class, First Rate, Fun, Fancy, Fascinating, Favourite, even Famous. Is there something special about this letter, can it be THE letter for anything outstanding and more than usually great?

All these words convey something special, out of the ordinary, something to be looked for, grabbed and enjoyed to it's fullest. When these words are used it means there is something happening or about to happen which can create an excitement and get our hearts beating. An event to look forward to and should be enjoyed to it's fullest. People use these words when they are happy, charged, or when they aren't yet but want to get to that stage very soon.

We need to hear these words more often, life can get mundane and repetitive. We can begin to feel jaded with life. Sadness creeps in or wallops us with an unexpected misery. I know I can feel down the same as anyone else.

We are having a kitchen make over in a few weeks with an extension added on and I wanted something to pin up with a word or saying to reflect the room's use - just something simple such as 'Eat. Food. Enjoy.' that sort of thing. I've always liked seeing little phrases or words around people's houses. Well, after realising what a Fabulous letter F is I think I may very well go for an F theme with several of these words dotted about in my kitchen to remind me how wonderful life really is and that we should grab as much Fantasticness as we can.

3 comments:

Shannon Lawrence said...

I think that would be fun, to have some of those words dotted around your kitchen. Funny that so many positive words are "F" words, no?

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

Tina said...

I'd never realized that F had so many really up-beat words! I like the idea of putting those in the kitchen. I'm not ready for a make-over yet, but I'll definitely remember this idea. Nice post. Go Team Tina!
Tina @ Life is Good
Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

DayDreamer said...

They are good words aren't they?