Monday 12 September 2011

Happy Monday

Monday Graphics
Glitter Graphics Tumblr Backgrounds


No, I'm not talking about the group, though they are definitely worth talking about - controversial as they were, what with Shaun Ryder's excesses and Baz's amazingly crazy dancing. One day I will watch '24 Hour Party People' the film made about their time in Manchester.

No no, this post was just a way of hoping everyone is having a happy Monday. Monday's are often thought of as the worst day of the week, coming after the week-end where many people have rested and played, in various different amounts, then having to get up early again, back to work and back to the grindstone. I do hope you don't think of your work as a grindstone, I was only using it as a continuation of the old saying 'nose to the grindstone'. Only 4 more days till it the week-end again, guys.

A few facts about Monday:

Monday, nowadays is usually the first day of the week, gone are the days if it being Sunday,

The word itself comes from moon's day,

Daughter#2 was born on a Monday (I know - not really a fact about Monday, but it's still a fact as it happened),

The children's rhyme for it is Monday's child is fair of face,

Monday is the most popular day to commit suicide, call in sick, and surf the web in the Netherlands (that was whipped from Wiki).

I shall leave you with one of my very favourite songs which is by the aforementioned Happy Mondays, just highlight, right click then left click in the box, or just copy and paste:

http://youtu.be/KnBi-LNM0Og

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hope you had a good one too. I wish I'd seen this post yesterday!