Tuesday 11 February 2014

Shadowscapes Tarot Deck


Every week it seems, Postie delivers a parcel or two to us. Every time it is for The Chauffeur, Daughter#1 or Daughter#2. Never for me. Of course, most of those parcels have been paid for by themselves, but as the one who is at home most of the time it's me who answers the door to Postie and takes the parcel and each time I feel a pang of Oh it's not for me. Irrational, I know, and more than a touch of the green eyed monster. But the truth is there is never anything I want enough to order offline, until the other day when I came across a beautiful looking Tarot deck while flicking through other blogs. I have several decks already, though I don't really read them, more read up how to read them. I looked at several reviews of this deck and having liked what I read got Daughter#2 to order me some online. Today Postie delivered me a parcel, along with one for The Chauffeur, of course. How exciting.



Opening them up the images are lovely, soft colours with a slight iridescence to them. Pictures which look like dreams. Featuring lots of animals, woodland types such as foxes and badgers. Fairies and Mermaids also feature. They're beautiful, flowing pictures. The LWB, little white book, which gives the explanations is an actual book giving little stories for each card, making it clear what it represents. A little different from the usual tarot decks, I don't know yet how it'll be for readings, and am still looking through them getting used to the feel as well as look. There was some negative feedback regarding the size of the cards as the pictures are small making it slightly difficult to see all the detail in the cards, and some said the cards are bit flimsy, but this doesn't really bother me, I can see the detail well enough and the LWB shows a larger version of each card where details are more easily seen, though black and white. They aren't as flimsy as expected, maybe due to expecting worse after reading the reviews. I like them a lot and it was nice to finally get my own parcel, for a change.


No comments: